- The Luxottica Group
- $134,440.00 -127,870.00/year*
334 W 39th St
Requisition ID: 105047
Luxottica is a global leader in the design, manufacture and distribution of fashion, luxury and sports eyewear. Our wholesale network covers more than 150 countries and our retail presence consists of over 7,200 retail stores across the globe.
In North America, our wholesale business is the home to global brands like Ray-Ban, Oakley, and many of the top fashion house brands. Our leading retail brands include; LensCrafters, Sunglass Hut, Pearle Vision, Target Optical and Sears Optical. We are also home to EyeMed, the fastest growing vision care company in the United States.
Supporting over 4,500 retail stores in North America, a career in our retail headquarters allows us to stay in touch with the end customer and use their ever-changing behaviors and preferences to shape our offerings of the best eyewear and services.
The Manager, PR Oakley Americas will be responsible for implementing the PR strategy within the brand's North and South America markets. Key projects will include new product and category launches, brand platform and campaign executions, special projects such as capsule collections, creation and design of PR experiences and events. This role will play a major part in maintaining momentum for the brand across a range of varied and exciting categories. Responsibilities will extend across all product categories (eyewear, apparel, snow goggles, wearable technologies - both men and women), all brand layers (lifestyle, sport performance, design and innovation), support objectives for the wholesale and retail business.
In this role, the Oakley Americas PR Manager will manage Public Relations for the brand in North America, Mexico and Brazil. The role includes the management of three agencies in the respective markets.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
(1) Media Relations, Influencer Program, Event experiences, Digital PR
* Implementation of North America PR strategy including annual & seasonal communications programs
* Building and maintaining positive media relationships for Oakley (broadcast, print, online) both directly and through agency partners
* Leveraging the Oakley network of influencers (athletes, creators, collaborators) and keep ahead of industry trends in the digital & social spaces
2) Storytelling, targeting, measuring & coordination
* Overseeing development and creation of storytelling for the North America PR team.
* Collaborating with cross-functional marketing and design groups on key projects.
* Managing the implementation of PR targeting and results measuring tools
(3) Brand Custodian & Brand Voice
* Drive awareness and engagement with the evolved Oakley brand direction
* Collaborating with the PR director in defining crisis management plans & serving as the first-line of company response for media and key stakeholders
* BA in Business, Marketing, Communication, Public Relations or Media
* 5+ years public relations experience with proven track record of success (combination of agency and in-house experience preferred)
* Deep knowledge of media and influencer landscape in North America
* Proven experience in the apparel, sportswear and accessories world, across lifestyle and sports performance
* Proven track record in the management and delivery of creative, progressive and impactful national and regional PR campaigns, from brief through to execution
* Passion for the history, vision, purpose & values of the Oakley brand
* Excellent interpersonal skills and experience in dealing with a wide range of stakeholders
* Proven presentation skills to multiple levels of internal / external audiences
* Very strong written communication skills with a distinctive tone of human and accessible\"
* Strong project management experience with a proven track record of initiative and innovation across varied projects (events, products, campaigns)
* A high level of energy, creativity, sense of humor & team spirit
Upon request and consistent with applicable laws, Luxottica will provide reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities who need assistance in the application and hiring process. To request a reasonable accommodation, please contact Talent Luxottica at 877-###-#### (513-###-#### outside of US) or email ...@luxotticaretail.com
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship, veteran or military status, marital status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy or maternity leave), genetic information or any other characteristics protected by law.
Administrative; Analyst; Call Center & Customer Service; Communications; Distribution; Engineering; Finance & Accounting; Human Resources; Information Technology; Learning & Development; Legal; Logistics; Manufacturing; Marketing; Optician; Optometry; Other; Product Buying & Planning; Product Design; Product Development; Production; Project Management; Public Relations; Purchasing; Quality Assurance; Research & Development; Retail Associate ; Retail Management; Sales / Account Management; Sales Associate; Strategy/Planning; Supply Chain
Associated topics: account executive, advertising sales, business development, marketing manager, media, public, public relations, public relations manager, relationship, sales
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...