Linux & Network Operations Administrator
ISBU | Chantilly, VA, United States
Why Join Rincon Research Corporation (RRC)?
At Rincon Research Corporation, our primary business is innovating, developing, and fielding digital signal processing (DSP) products and services for the United States Defense and Intelligence Communities in support of national security.
Rincon Research Corporation seeks a Linux and Network Operations Administrator to deploy and maintain systems on the operations side of our DevOps team. The ideal candidate will have experience in configuration management tools, automation tasks, network configuration, and a deep understanding of the troubleshooting process.
Come join the team that is creating cutting edge signal processing, geolocation, and communication systems for the future!
What are the primary responsibilities in the Linux & Network Operations Administrator position?
- Linux based server configuration and deployment on RedHat based systems.
- OS security hardening and monitoring.
- Managing infrastructure configuration management tools such as puppet and ansible.
- Deploying, configuring and maintaining high speed managed switching infrastructure.
- Knowledge of and capability to perform proper firewall configuration and maintenance.
- Physically able to pull cables and knowledge of requirement for separating cabling for multiple networks.
- Service performance monitoring and testing.
- Creating and maintaining system documentation and recovery plans.
- Knowledge and capability to support hardware infrastructure including setup and maintenance of rackmount server, desktop, and laptop computing infrastructure.
- Power and cooling management of rack mount server and network infrastructure.
- Willingness to be on-call for after-hours support and troubleshooting.
What required background will make you successful?
- Strong troubleshooting workflow and knowledge of troubleshooting tools.
- Familiarity with network concepts, including subnetting, firewalls, switches, and basic routing.
- Working knowledge of network technologies such as LDAP, IGMP, DHCP, NTP, and DNS.
- Familiarity with a scripting or programming language.
- Working with external customers to support interfaces with mission critical networks.
- Desire to learn new skills and independently propose solutions in a development environment
- TS/SCI security clearance with FS Polygraph required
- 2+ years of hands on experience administering a complex Unix or Linux environment.
- Experience with high speed managed switches (Brocade and Cisco in particular)
- Working knowledge of source code management and collaboration tools such as GitLab.
- Experience working in a mixed environment containing both Linux and Windows systems.
- Experience in installing and maintaining rack mount infrastructure
- Experience with VM / Container (OpenStack)
- Experience with scripting/programming language python preferred
- Certification (Security+, LPIC, RHCSA, LFCS)
Where is the position located?
This position is located at our Chantilly, VA office.
What benefits does RRC offer?
- 100% employer-paid premiums for family medical and dental insurance, employee life insurance, short-term and long-term disability (STD & LTD)
- Flexible reimbursement spending accounts for medical expense and dependent care
- Immediate participation and vesting in the company s Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) and 401(k) Plan
- Employer contributions to RRC s ESOP
- Employer matching contributions to the company s 401( k) Plan
- Employer discretionary contributions to the company s 401(k) Plan
Rincon Research Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected factor.
Associated topics: administrator, equipment, maintenance, router, scom, scom sccm, server, system administrator, tcp, tcp ip