- National Basketball Association
- $81,760.00 -143,160.00/year*
334 W 39th St
At the NBA, we're passionate about growing and celebrating the game of basketball. Through the intensity of the game and the amazing athletic skill of our players, we deliver excitement to hundreds of millions of fans around the world.
As a global sports and media business, the NBA is so much more. While Basketball Operations runs the league's on-court activities, other departments manage relationships with television and digital media partners, develop marketing partnerships with some of the world's most recognizable companies, oversee the licensing of NBA merchandise, and handle a wide range of responsibilities that drive the NBA's success.
This position is part of the NBA's Digital Content Strategy group, which focuses on guiding, monetizing, and tracking content throughout all of the league's digital and social platforms. This position will focus on @NBA accounts across all social platforms and be responsible for social content performance evaluation and insights, maintenance of customized interactive reporting, and competitive social landscape analysis.
This is a project position expected to last about 10 months.
* Evaluate performance of @NBA content across social platforms to help inform strategy
* Demonstrate strong Excel skills to manipulate data to provide research and insights on @NBA social content performance
* Work closely with content publishers to help guide their social strategy to optimize viewership, reach, and engagement
* Learn to populate, design, and build effective and high-performing Tableau reporting solutions
* Publish and maintain customized interactive reports and dashboards in Tableau and Microsoft Excel
* Monitor data and API connections for @NBA and communicate errors and findings to database solutions team
* Provide competitive analysis of social content across platforms and use insights to generate strategic ideas and recommendations for the NBA
* Intermediate to advanced background and experience in Microsoft Excel strongly preferred
* Passionate about data with a strong analytical mindset (data-centric projects and coursework included)
* Deeply knowledgeable and passionate about the NBA
* Exposure or experience using Tableau Desktop, including calculations and visualizations
* Knowledge of social and digital media analytics, listening, and measurement tools (i.e. - CrowdTangle, Facebook Insights, Spredfast Intelligence, etc.) not required, but a plus
* Ability to work within demanding timeframes in a dynamic environment
* High attention to detail, design, and innovation
Bachelor's Degree in Communications or related field preferred
We Consider Applicants For All Positions On The Basis Of Merit, Qualifications And Business Needs, And Without Regard To Race, Color, National Origin, Religion, Sex, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Alienage Or Citizenship Status, Ancestry, Marital Status, Creed, Genetic Predisposition Or Carrier Status, Sexual Orientation, Veteran Status, Familial Status, Status As A Victim Of Domestic Violence Or Any Other Status Or Characteristic Protected By Applicable Federal, State, Or Local Law.
Associated topics: article, compositor, content, editor, editorial, newsperson, newswriter, proofread, text, web
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...