- $29,240.00 -53,240.00/year*
334 W 39th St
ARCHER New York is looking for an experienced Hotel Security/Fire Life Safety Director. This person is responsible for providing loss prevention support and providing security for the hotel and hotel guests. He/she will check and take action to ensure all assets, property, and equipment are properly stored and secured. He/she will keep logs and submit reports on discrepancies and any issued encountered during their shift. He/she will also participate in cleaning, general maintenance, event/meeting preparation and guest service activities as requested. We offer amazing benefits and very competitive pay.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Must have a valid drivers license.
- Must be fluent in English.
- Must have FLSD T-89 and N.Y.S. security license to be considered.
- Long and flexible hours sometimes required.
- Must be able to work evenings, weekends and holidays as needed.
- Heavy work Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 100 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Ability to perform minor maintenance.
- Ability to reach overheard, utilize both hands, and bend, stoop, and kneel.
- Must be capable of climbing and descending stairs during the shift.
- Must be capable of opening doors and assisting passengers/guests.
- Must work well in stressful, high pressure situations.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, clarifying and resolving the concerns and issues raised by clients, guests and co-workers.
- Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace, including anticipation, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must maintain composure and objectivity under pressure.
- Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly.
- Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately.
SECURITY/LOSS PREVENTION AND SUPPORT DUTIES
- Assist and greet guests with a friendly, courteous attitude.
- Understand loss prevention principles and operate with integrity and honesty.
- Keep log book and create reports for communication with other shifts.
- Perform routine patrol of grounds and buildings at intervals designated by the General Manager including parking lots, perimeter fence areas, all suite buildings, and pool area.
- Check exterior lighting while on patrol. If burned out or not working properly, write a maintenance request for repair.
- Provide assistance to guests as needed. For example, giving directions, escorting guests to room or parking lot and providing additional assistance as needed.
- Close and lock pool, spa, and other guest areas at designated hour.
- Check vacant rooms, making sure lights are off and thermostat is set correctly to save energy.
- Check all meeting rooms making sure coffee heaters and lights are turned off and thermostat is set correctly to save energy.
- Report all incidents and record property rounds. Write accurate and timely incident reports as incidents occur.
- Assist at front desk with guest relations as needed or requested.
- Ask non-guest intruders to leave the property. Call police for assistance if needed.
- Maintain hotel grounds and parking lots by picking up trash.
- Deliver paper and guest invoices.
- Participate in all-employee meetings, events and other functions required by management.
- Develop full understanding of hotel amenities and services.
- Understand emergency procedures and be prepared to help when necessary.
- Operate radios efficiently and professionally in communicating with the hotel staff.
- Perform any other duties as requested by management.
- Maintain a professional and friendly demeanor at all times.
Main shift to be overnights, Tuesday through Saturday with flexibility to work other shifts when needed to cover sick or PTO.? FLSD T-89 and N.Y.S. security license is required.
ARCHER New York is part of LodgeWorks, an ever-emerging hotel management and development company based in Wichita, Kansas with 900+ employees nationwide.? Our dynamic multi-brand strategy includes Archer, Hyatt Place, Hyatt House, Aloft, Hilton Garden Inn, and other high quality, nationally branded products.? We are industry innovators with a rich history and a strong family culture. At LodgeWorks, hospitality is more than just the industry in which we work.? It defines everything we do.? Hospitality is the single most important element of our organization the foundation upon which everything is built.
LodgeWorks.? Welcome to Hospitality.?
We are an equal opportunity employer and have a lot to offer individuals interested in joining our team.
Associated topics: explosive detection, guard, loss control, monitor, patrol, patrol officer, safety officer, secure, security, university
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...