- Hyatt Place 39th Street
334 W 39th St
The brand new 520 room Hyatt Place New York, Times Square is seeking an experienced Sales Manager who will assist in generating Rooms / Catering Revenue through the execution of strategic planning and performance, while maintaining Sales standards.
The Sales Manager:
- Participates in the implementation of marketing and sales strategies that support achievement of the hotels goals
- Develops data and recommends programs to meet clients' needs
- Prepares proposals and contracts that are geared to maximize profit while satisfying client needs
- Uses outside sales calls, prospecting, hotels tours and hosting of clients to solicit new business
- Contacts in-house customers to retain and grow existing business, repeat bookings or referrals,
- Reviews individual and team goals on a weekly basis; recommends and takes appropriate actions to achieve objectives in key result areas
- Participates in the implementation of marketing strategies which are designed to increase awareness in the local market
- Ensure all materials used are in accordance with brand standards
- Communicates clients' requests to all departments in an effective and timely manner
- Participates in and contributes to the completion of monthly booking report(s)
- Prepares reports to improve management decision making and critical evaluation of work activities
- Knowledge of travel industry, current market trends and economic factors. Able to produce a weekly sales call schedule which addresses timely follow up of all tentative business, maintenance of existing accounts, and development of new business,
- and priorities assigned by the General Manager or Company personnel
- Make 50 completed sales calls per week, which includes a minimum of 20 outside calls, 5 property site inspections, and 10 new business calls per week
- Complete all departmental reports and systems on a timely basis
- Able to negotiate contracts the best interests of the property while maintaining customer goodwill
- Minimum three - three years hotel sales experience
- Local market knowledge preferred
- Bachelors degree preferred
- Experience managing to brand standards
- Able to collaborate effectively with other hotel employees and managers to ensure teamwork
- General knowledge of contract laws
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office suite
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong negotiation skills
Ability to travel and perform 5-10 outside sales calls per week.?
Associated topics: administrative, director of sales, leader, manager, manager of sales, principal, sales management, shift lead, supervisor, team leader
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...