- Hyatt Place 39th Street
- $197,780.00 -197,780.00/year*
334 W 39th St
Assistant?Director of Sales
The brand new 520 room Hyatt Place New York, Times Square is seeking an experienced Assistant Director of Sales (ADOS) who will assist in leading the Sales staff while maintaining Sales standards.
The Assistant Director of Sales:
- Develops and implements strategies for achieving individual sales goals
- Participates in the implementation of marketing and sales strategies that support achievement of the hotels goals
- Achieves market share and revenue goals by working with the Director of Sales and Marketing on individual and team goals within assigned market segments
- Develops data and recommends programs to meet clients' needs
- Prepares proposals and contracts that are geared to maximize profit while satisfying client needs
- Uses outside sales calls, prospecting, hotels tours and hosting of clients to solicit new business
- Contacts in-house customers to retain and grow existing business, repeat bookings or referrals,
- Reviews individual and team goals on a weekly basis; recommends and takes appropriate actions to achieve objectives in key result areas
- Participates in the implementation of marketing strategies which are designed to increase awareness in the local market
- Ensure all materials used are in accordance with brand standards
- Maintains proper flow of information to sales team, reviews sales work file of assigned accounts
- Communicates clients' requests to all departments in an effective and timely manner
- Insures maximum occupancy on a daily basis by performing follow-ups on progress of groups booked with events services team
- Participates in and contributes to the completion of monthly booking report(s)
- Prepares reports to improve management decision making and critical evaluation of work activities
- Acts as lead and back-up to Director of Sales and Marketing
- Works closely with the Director of Sales and Marketing to lead the team in his/her absence
- Develop key leadership skills by working with Director of Sales and Marketing, attending classes and working with other executive committee members
- Creates 100' guest satisfaction by providing experience through performance that demonstrates the standards of, genuine hospitality and exceeding guest expectations
- Gives personal attention, takes personal responsibility and uses teamwork when providing guest service
- Compile and/or direct the preparation of reports pertaining to the operation of the Sales Department to include, but not limited to the annual and monthly forecast, lead management system, group booking pace report, star reports and sales meeting minutes.
- Assumes the responsibility to notice when the guest is not satisfied and uses their best judgment as to when it is appropriate to use the 100' Guest Satisfaction
- Performs other duties required to provide the service brand behavior and genuine hospitality
- Coordinate ongoing research of the travel industry to detect market trends and related information for development of new marketing strategies. Make reasonable recommendations to improve potential from various markets.
- Develop and conduct persuasive verbal sales presentations to prospective clients.
- Initiate preparation of computerized annual business plan and execute plans as outlined, critically examining and adjusting as deemed necessary by current market conditions.
- Knowledge of travel industry, current market trends and economic factors.
- Minimum three - five years hotel sales experience
- Minimum one - two years supervisory experience preferred
- Local market knowledge preferred
- Bachelors degree preferred
- Experience managing to brand standards
- Able to collaborate effectively with other hotel employees and managers to ensure teamwork
- General knowledge of contract laws
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office suite
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong negotiation skills
Ability to travel and perform 5-10 outside sales calls per week.?
Associated topics: business development, business intelligence, business technology, franchise operator, intelligence, mba, territory manager, territory sales, transaction, wholesale
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...