- Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Fifth Avenue
- $38,706.67 -68,070.00/year*
334 W 39th St
Chief EngineerPurpose for the Position:
To maintain the Hotel areas and all Hotel assets to an acceptable quality standard.Essential Responsibilities:
- Provides professional and courteous service at all times.
- Assists Chief Engineer with all maintenance and preventative maintenance to include: refrigeration, heating, plumbing, water treatment, preventative maintenance, convention center front and back of house spaces, A/C units, ice machines, lighting, kitchen equipment, emergency generators, water softeners, switch rooms, roof exhausts, electrical substations, etc.
- Monitors electric, gas and water consumption.
- Ensures all projects are completed according to specifications and are completed on time.
- Understands and practices all lock out-tag out procedures in accordance with OSHA standards.
- Perform all guestroom and public area preventive maintenance services as outlined for your hotel.
- Performs maintenance checks of equipment and logs properly.
- Reports all safety and security concerns to the Chief Engineer or the Manager on Duty immediately.
- Ensures all key inventories are secure.
- Responds to all emergency situations prepared to assist.
- Participates in ongoing maintenance programs for event space, public space, kitchens and all convention center equipment.
- Performs inventory duties as required.
- Maintains cleanliness of grounds and attractiveness of landscaping.
- Ensures cleanliness and orderliness of all work space and storage areas.
- Attends monthly staff meetings.
- Complete projects as determined by the Chief Engineer.
To do this kind of work, you must be able to:
- Understand the technologies required in the work you are directly.
- Work with a variety of situations.
- Solve problems using facts and personal judgment.
- React quickly in emergency situations and make decisions that may involve a great amount of money or the safety of others.
- Work with different kinds of people.
- Change easily and frequently from one activity to another.
- Be available on nights, weekends and holidays.
- Obtain Fire Safety Director Certification within time frame of RHG policy.
Physical Demands: Lifting 50 lbs. maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 25 lbs. Requires walking or standing to a significant degree, reaching, handling, feeling, talking, hearing, seeing.
Environmental Conditions: Both: Inside and outside: A job is considered \"both\" if the activities occur inside or outside in approximately equal amounts approximately 75' or more of the time inside.
Noise and Vibration: Sufficient noise, either constant or intermittent, to cause marked distraction or possible injury to the sense of hearing, and/or sufficient vibration (production of an oscillating movement or strain on the body or its extremities from repeated motion or shock) to cause bodily harm if endured day after day.
Temperature Changes: Variations in temperature which are sufficiently marked and abrupt to cause noticeable bodily reactions.
Math Skills:Requires mathematical development sufficient to be able to: Compute ratio and proportion and percentages. Calculate surface, volumes, weight and measures.
Language Skills:Must have developed language skills to the point to be able to: Read instructions, safety rules, etc. Speak with poise, voice control and confidence using correct English and well-modulated voice.
Relationships to Data, People and Things:
Data: Compiling: Gathering, collating or classifying information about data, people or things. Reporting and/or carrying out a prescribed action in relation to the information is frequently involved.
People: Speaking-Signaling: Talking with and/or signaling people to convey or exchange information, including giving assignments and/or directions to helpers or assistants.
Things: Handling: Using body members, hand tools, and/or special devices to work, move, or carry objects or materials.
Specific Vocational Preparation: Specific Vocational Preparation includes an occupationally significant combination of: vocational education, apprentice training, in-plant training, on-the-job training, or essential experience in less responsible jobs which lead to the higher job or serving in other jobs. Over 3 months up to and including 6 months.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers applicants without regard to race, sex, religion, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Associated topics: backfill, building maintenance, crew, grounds maintenance, laborer, landfill, resurface, superintendent, tree maintenance, tree pruner
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...