- Covenant House New York
- $83,450.00 -117,470.00/year*
Healthcare - Nursing
334 W 39th St
Promotes and restores patients' health by completing the nursing process; collaborating with physicians and multidisciplinary team members; providing physical and psychological support to patients, friends, and families; supervising assigned team members.
Duties and responsibilities
- Identifies patient care requirements by establishing personal rapport with potential and actual patients and other persons in a position to understand care requirements.
- Establishes a compassionate environment by providing emotional, psychological, and spiritual support to patients, friends, and families.
- Promotes patient's independence by establishing patient care goals; teaching patient, friends, and family to understand condition, medications, and self-care skills; answering questions.
- Assures quality of care by adhering to therapeutic standards; measuring health outcomes against patient care goals and standards; making or recommending necessary adjustments; following the health Center and nursing division's philosophies and standards of care set by state board of nursing, state nurse practice act, and other governing agency regulations.
- Resolves patient problems and needs by utilizing multidisciplinary team strategies.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations; calling for assistance from health care support personnel.
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols, medication administration and storage procedures, and controlled substance regulations.
- Documents patient care services by charting in patient and department records.
- Maintains continuity among nursing teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Maintains patient confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Provides evening and overnight coverage for the Health Center.
- Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Maintains nursing supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies; using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Maintains a cooperative relationship among health care teams by communicating information; responding to requests; building rapport; participating in team problem-solving methods.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Maintains strictest confidentiality; adheres to all HIPAA guidelines/regulations.
- Understands and abides by CHNY Mission Statement, Five Principles, policies and procedures and is knowledgeable; complies with federal, state, and local laws thatgovern business practices as well as all accreditation standards that apply to the position.
- Perform other duties as assigned and needed.
- Graduate from an accredited school of Nursing, Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Current Registered Professional Nurse licensure in the State of New York.
- Current AHA approved BLS card.
- One year experience in Medical/Surgical clinic environment preferred.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Motor coordination and manual dexterity required.
- Adaptable to changing work schedules and patient needs.
- Demonstrated Clinical Skills, Bedside Manner, Infection Control, Nursing Skills, Physiological Knowledge, medication administration, Multi-tasking, Health Promotion and Maintenance, and ability to work as a member of a interdisciplinary team needed.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
- Subject to hazards: including a variety of physical conditions such as proximity to mechanical parts and chemicals including odors.
- Required at times to wear a face mask, gown, and/or gloves.
- Employees in this job classification have been identified as having the likelihood of occupational exposure to blood and other potentially infectious materials, therefore ae included in the OSHA Exposure Control Plan with its specifications for preventing contact with the above materials.
- Must be able to see, hear, touch, feel, lift (up to 20 to 50 lbs. occasionally to move patients and/or objects) and stand for short periods of time.
Associated topics: asn, bsn, domiciliary, intensive, maternal, psychatric, recovery, registered nurse, staff nurse, surgery
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...